This statement applies to the Symposium website only. The Symposium website is managed by the Department of Treasury.
We will only record your personal information if you comment on the Symposium website or send us an email.
If you wish to comment on the Symposium website, you will be asked to provide a name and email address. You do not have to include your actual details; you are welcome to post under a pseudonym and include a non-existent email address.
If you visit our site to read or download information, we record the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address and associated country
- Your top level domain name (eg .gov, .com, .edu, .org, .au, .nz etc)
- The pages you accessed and the documents you downloaded
- The search terms you used
- The date and time you visited the site
- The previous site you visited
- Your operating system (eg Windows, Mac)
- The type of browser you use (eg Internet Explorer).
We use Piwik to collect this information. Piwik is installed on our servers so the anonymous website usage data is not stored offshore.
We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to us. Your personal information will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent.
We analyse non-identifiable, aggregated website traffic data to help us improve the structure and functionality of this website. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
We do not share information about you with other government agencies or organisations without your permission, unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- is required or authorised by law; or
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health.
All information is stored and archived for a period of at least 12 months and possibly up to 7 years, in line with our recordkeeping obligations.
You may gain access to the personal information about you that we hold. You can have us correct any errors or delete the information we have about you.
You may opt out of any further contact from us.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we may have to gain evidence of your identity before we can give you access to information about you or change it.
We also follow the Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government Websites issued by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How to contact us
Contact Us about any of your privacy concerns or to suggest further improvements to the Innovation Toolkit.